Welcome!

Welcome to the blog of Zaq Roberts, Associate Head of School at The Berkeley School in Berkeley, CA. I blog about a wide variety of topics, from classroom moments I witness, to administrative events and conversations, to the educational blogs, videos, and books I am reading and watching, and how they are influencing my thinking. I hope this eclectic approach will give you insight into the many ways that I am engaging in advancing the school and strengthening our program, and I welcome your thoughts and comments!

This blog takes its name from a quotation by Archimedes that reads "Give me a lever long enough, and I can move the world." The TBS mission speaks directly to the need to engage a changing world, while many of the experiences in our program focus on the development of students' agency and authority. TBS is the lever by which we all - administration, faculty, students, and parents - can together move the world to be more humane, compassionate, and responsive. To borrow an important Montessori phrase, it is our way to remake the world.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Q: How do you make CPR and First Aid training fun?

A: By doing it with an incredible group of people!


Kyla practices wrapping a bandage on Sima.

Norman and Randy get into the act when Randy looses a hand.

Do you see the knife sticking out of Craig's right shoulder?

Laura's arm gets put in a sling.

Make sure the scene is clear before delivering a shock from the AED!

Nancy and Craig practice the heimlich maneuver.

Benicia and Mitch perfect their CPR technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment