Welcome!

Welcome to the blog of Zaq Roberts, Associate Head of School at The Berkeley School in Berkeley, CA. I blog about a wide variety of topics, from classroom moments I witness, to administrative events and conversations, to the educational blogs, videos, and books I am reading and watching, and how they are influencing my thinking. I hope this eclectic approach will give you insight into the many ways that I am engaging in advancing the school and strengthening our program, and I welcome your thoughts and comments!

This blog takes its name from a quotation by Archimedes that reads "Give me a lever long enough, and I can move the world." The TBS mission speaks directly to the need to engage a changing world, while many of the experiences in our program focus on the development of students' agency and authority. TBS is the lever by which we all - administration, faculty, students, and parents - can together move the world to be more humane, compassionate, and responsive. To borrow an important Montessori phrase, it is our way to remake the world.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Jennifer DiBrienza at TBS tomorrow!

All parents and guardians are invited to our Family Education Night - How Children Learn Math on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 7-8p in the Depot. Come and learn from mathematics education expert Jennifer DiBrienza about why TBS classrooms feature discovery-based math and problem solving. We ask that you RSVP hereChildcare is available; please indicate childcare needs with your RSVP.

Dr. DiBrienza received her Ph.D. from Stanford University in math education, and has worked as an elementary classroom teacher, math staff developer, and writer for TERC Investigations in Number, Data and Space, the core of the TBS elementary math curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment